You’re given a project? Exciting! You won’t be the only one working on it? Even better! Now, how can you make sure that your collaborators are as enthusiastic as you are, and that they’re aligned towards the same goal? By organizing an engaging project launch. Often referred to as a kick-off meeting, this moment allows you to give the same information to everyone who will play a role in delivering the project.
The participants in this meeting don’t necessarily know each other, or aren’t used to collaborating with one another? No worries: the meeting sequence provided in this tool also allows you to create the right climate for a successful project.
Thanks to this launch meeting, you’ll have given out all of the information required to get the project started, goals will be clear for everyone involved, and the team will have established their preferred work methods to make this project is a success. All in two hours, tops!
- When you receive the go-ahead to launch a project.
- After having met with every person involved on an individual basis, to clarify what contribution is expected of them and to validate their interest in the project.
- Prepare the meeting agenda, drawing from the sequence suggested on the next page.
- Use the project sheet, which you’ll have previously completed and validated with the project owner. You can enhance the information during this meeting.
- Invite every person who’s been called upon to contribute to the project, since the purpose of this meeting is to specify who does what and when. The people impacted by the project but who aren’t contributing to deliverables can be informed in a different way.
- Some team members are working remotely? Don’t forget to invite them to take part in the meeting, either on the phone or through videoconference, so that everyone is present when the project is launched and the collaboration is established.
- Be transparent in presenting the project, the potential issues and the related risks.