A project team has a mission: to deliver expected results within agreed-upon deadlines. Each person has their own responsibilities, but it’s through the team’s collaboration that this mission can be accomplished. The project monitoring meeting is an efficient way to share information and report on progress, but too often it ends up being a way to simply confirm that the team is on schedule. Yet, this project monitoring meeting can also be a key to more efficient teamwork, a place to share best practices and to work together to find solutions to the – oh so many – issues that will arise during the project. For this to happen, the project monitoring meeting must foster synergy. This is what this tool is all about: a way to lead the project monitoring meeting so that it is both thorough and efficient about the progress of deliverables, while creating synergy within the team.
This 2-in-1 tool includes:
- The agenda to organize and lead the meeting.
- The project tracking sheet for feedback on deliverables and team synergy.
- According to the frequency established during the project launch.
- As the project is progressing, when you feel the need to take stock as a team.
- When you notice that the team needs to realign on the project goals, or that better teamwork could be beneficial to the success of the project.
- Have this project tracking sheet filled by all parties before the meeting (choose the PDF version of this tool, or use this ready-to-use shareable Google Sheet).
- Prepare the meeting in light of the feedback received from the project team.
- You can either push the meeting back if you notice that everything is as it should be, or plan for a meeting duration that fits with the specific issues to be addressed.
- During the meeting, take the time to go over priorities, but also address team synergy.
- As a team, commit to finding solutions together.